I hope you’re not the type of person who complains a lot because that’s what I’m going to talk about today. Even so, I ask you to read on – whether you complain a lot or not – it might just help.
Anyway, the reason why I am writing this blog post is because I met a friend today who complains a lot and I mean A LOT! She complains about how unfair life is, about her work, about how she wants to get out of poverty but also about how hard it is to do that. She complains about how slow she moves and about how many opportunities she didn’t grab. But here’s the best part… Ready???
She complains about how other people are not helping her with her dreams!
OK, I know we ought to help each other but I don’t think it’s right in any way to complain when someone’s not helping you out especially when it comes to fulfilling your dreams. Don’t get me wrong here. Complaining is normal. It’s a complaining A LOT that’s not. I mean, I do complain about a few things but most of the time I just either accept things the way they are or do something about it.
Complaining won’t get you, me or anybody else anywhere. It’s a waste of time and energy. Instead of complaining, here are some things I suggest:
- Determine if the situation you’re complaining about can be fixed or not
- If you think it can be fixed then think how you can “fix” it
- Try to get other people to help you fix the problem but don’t complain to them and worst, don’t complain if they turn you down
- If you can’t fix the problem then let go with it and to learn accept life as it is
Then lastly, learn to find…
- the Serenity to Accept the things you cannot change
- the Courage to Change the things you can, and
- the Wisdom to Know the difference
Remember, complaining will get you nowhere except to more complaining.